With SAP Lumira Designer 2.0 round the corner, it is a good time to also provide new features as part of our Visual BI Extensions for SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio / SAP Lumira 2.0 (VBX).
In case you’re not familiar with our Extensions yet, you can find some introduction material here.
Our Extensions are grouped into four main categories: Charts, Maps, Utilities, and Filter & Selectors and we’re releasing the new version of VBX 1.68. I would like to give a sneak preview of the highlights and I will then follow up with more details in the coming days.
With this release we are adding our new Gantt chart component, which allows our customers to leverage any project management related information and visualize it in the form of an activity-oriented or resource-oriented gantt chart.
The dashboard designer will have the option to include the actual timeline, a planned timeline as well as options to define dependencies as shown in the image above.
As part of our Maps offering, we are now allowing our customers to assign multiple data sources to a single map so they can create scenarios such as assigning data from SAP BW for the actual revenue and using data from a spreadsheet for the revenue forecast and visualizing those values in a single map.
In addition, several enhancements on the styling options and the scripting area have been included as well.
Filters & Selectors
As part of our filter & selector category, we added a variety of new functionalities.
Our Facet Filter now:
- supports a full text search across the complete data set
- supports the hierarchies from BW and HANA
- supports an intuitive way to color elements in the facet by highlighting the selected items, elements that represent alternative selections, and elements that still can be selected
Our Hierarchy Filter now:
- supports a full text search across the complete hierarchy
- allows the user to define a selection mode and choose between : Self, Self + Children, Self + Descendant. This allows you to configure which elements should be selected in case the user selects a hierarchy node
As part of our Utilities category we added a few very interesting new capabilities.
Web Service as a Data Source
We added the option to use a SOAP based web service as part of the next SAP Design Studio / SAP Lumira Designer project. This allows you to use Web Intelligence reports as a data source – including any calculations done in the Web Intelligence report.
In this way, you can use live data not only from a Web Intelligence report but also prepared instances.
Live Mobile Design
Our Responsive UI now allows to create real responsive scenarios that go beyond just the ability of adjusting your design to the different screen widths:
- You can use now a list of devices as templates for your mobile design and configure the design based on the list of devices instead of having to calculate the screen height and screen width that you would like to use.
- You can now configure how charts should react to different screen sizes such as moving the legend below the chart instead of the right hand side, when the chart is viewed on an iphone for example.
- You can now use a true mobile design inside SAP Design Studio / SAP Lumira Designer that gives you the option to truly design the dashboard to how you would like it to appear on the mobile device.
Export to PPT and PDF
Beyond that, we improved the export quality dramatically. We also changed the export UI so that the user has the option to see the complete layout structure and has the ability to filter by component types before hitting the “Export” button.
We have also improved the overall UI as part of the Export workflow (see below) and have allowed the user now to change (if enabled) the properties at the time of the export step.
In addition, the user also has the option to filter the list of components based on component type.
And last but not least, we also added the ability to export multiple “views” of a dashboard – for example of a Tabstrip or a Pagebook – into a single file for our PowerPoint export option.
As you can see, there are several new additional options that we’re providing for SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.6 as well as SAP Lumira Designer 2.0 – and this is just the “starting point” of our upcoming roadmap with a lot of enhancements coming each month – so stay tuned for more details on these enhancements and a lot more enhancements in the coming weeks and months.
Click here to download a FREE 15-day trial of Visual BI Extensions for SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio/SAP Lumira 2.0.