Immediate OpeningsChennai, India
SAP BW Architect
Location: Chennai, India
Start Date: Immediate
This is a hands-on technical role that requires market-leading expertise in SAP BW. As a SAP BW Architect, you will:
Own customer success and delight by directing, organizing and leading one or more engagement(s) in SAP BI.
- Work with client stakeholders to understand business processes and requirements
- Analyze business and functional requirements to define target SAP BI/BW solution architecture
- Single point of contact for overall technology architecture & design
- Design specifications for solution components, evaluating various options (Installation of standard objects, enhancements to existing objects and creation of custom objects)
- Prepare detailed implementation plan with timelines
- Execute project as per plan, and ensure defect-free delivery of solution on-time
- Work with other technical SMEs to develop long-term strategy for sustainable and flexible reporting architecture on top of SAP BW
- Ensure adoption of best-in-class practices and standards for development, support, quality control and documentation
- Drive timely and proactive issue identification, escalation & resolution
Provide technical leadership for the team to perform the following activities.
- Design and develop BW data models & data flow objects in SAP BW 7.x on HANA and non-HANA
- Build InfoCubes, ODS/DSO, Multi-providers, Composite providers, Open ODS, Transient providers, transformations, extractors, datasources and required routines.
- Design and develop complex BEx queries to meet reporting requirements
- Adopt data modeling & data flow design best practices to develop robust & scalable solutions.
- Configure and install SAP BW Business Content
- Activate, Configure & Enhance Generic and Business Content Extractors by functional area
- Optimize reporting and data load performance through Query monitoring tool, Aggregates, Indexes, InfoCube Compression, InfoCube Partitioning and Statistics.
- Develop and trouble shoot ABAP programs including user exits, function modules and start/end/expert routines
Mentor teams and drive Organization level initiatives
- Outline career development objectives and plan for every subordinate based on their interests and aspirations
- Develop individuals into well-rounded BI professionals by helping them acquire skills across design, modelling, extraction, implementation, support, performance tuning, quality assurance, estimation, communication and project management
- Mentor individuals to proactively experiment with bleeding edge innovations in BI; Provide innovative suggestions for PoCs and demos
- Organize and moderate internal focus groups for knowledge sharing
- Help team members establish themselves as BI thought leaders in the industry by leveraging social media and online forums
- Drive development of organization assets (demos, PoCs and packaged solutions – reusable object repositories) based on industry/market trends and product roadmap
- Support business development, proposal, pre-sales efforts by contributing to the technical components of proposal/RFP
Be a pillar of support for Visual BI’s vibrant culture by always being willing and eager to experiment, learn, and deliver customer value while having fun.
8 to 12 years of relevant, hands-on experience with the following:
- SAP BW ETL and modeling
- SAP BEx – Query Designer, Analyzer and Web Analyzer
- SAP BW + BOBJ Integration
- Configuration and installation of SAP BI Standard Content
- Strong ABAP skills
- BW Security design & Administration / BW Analysis Authorization
- BW 7.4 + HANA Optimization and LSA++ architecture experience
- SAP BOBJ WebI/Crystal reports/Xcelsius/Design Studio experience
- BW Upgrade Experience
- BW Security & Administration / BW Analysis Authorization
Following expertise, while optional will be a plus:
- Experience on SAP HANA Enterprise (SP 8 and above)
- Strong ETL experience with tools such as, SAP BO Data Services, Informatica or SSIS
- Experience on non-SAP Visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire
- A vibrant and dynamic culture with an accomplished peer group of professionals
- A culture that emphasizes personal excellence through learning & development
- Top pay for top performance
- Comprehensive health and group insurance cover
- And many more…
Visual BI is a specialist provider of SAP Business Intelligence & Analytics solutions that helps enterprises look forward and think ahead by adopting cutting-edge BI solutions. Headquartered in Plano, TX, Visual BI has quickly grown to be recognized as one of the leaders in this space by customers and partners.
In addition to providing BI solutions to enterprise clients, Visual BI also boasts of a strong R&D team that has developed 50+ custom add-ons for products such as SAP Dashboards and SAP Design Studio.
Visual BI is also an SAP services, solutions and reseller partner.