RecycleBin is finally back with us from BO 6.5 days. Here is a cool video from SAP to demonstrate the features with the use case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFX6fs1vo2A. I would like to describe what is happening in background rather than configuration and restoration process of RecycleBin feature here.
As on when the report/BI content is being deleted from Public folder, It will be marked as a RecycleBin content and is not exposed anywhere other than CMC -> RecycleBin application. You cannot even see the information about this deleted entry using Query builder. See the process below.
Property of the deleted report
Change of properties before deletion and after restoration (from deleted/recovered object)
Properties of Objects in RecycleBin
Use this query in Query builder to identify objects available in Recycle bin.
SELECT * FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND=’RECYCLEBIN’
Few of the RecycleBin feature Limitations
- You cannot view the BI content in RecycleBin if you have deleted it along with its parent folder.
- We can only restore the contents that are deleted from public folders
- Contents deleted from Inbox and Personal folders will be lost.
- You cannot use Contents in RecycleBin in Promoting Management Tool.
- Universes, Connections that are deleted will also be irrecoverable using this feature.
Contents that can be restored using RecycleBin
BI Content & Location
Recoverable using Recycle Bin