Analysis for Office reports can be saved on BI platform and SAP NetWeaver Platform.
Saving on NetWeaver platform requires few prerequisites to be taken care of; one important thing is to have an Analysis Service created. This can prevent from facing the below error:
- Use t-code sicf (once authorization is assigned), execute in Hierarchy type –> Service
2. Under Virtual hosts/service –> bw , check for analysis
3. If there is no analysis, click on Create Host/Service
If this service has to be created, the BASIS team would then have to create the same in the respective systems so that you have a similar service for the Dev / QA and Prod Systems. We recommend that you create this in your Sandbox system or Development system to test it out to ensure that it works before doing the same in your production environment.
4. Give name of the service element as analysis
5. Enter description as analysis launcher
6. In Handler List tab, enter the below mentioned HTTP Handler, which is a basic class to handle http requests for Analysis for Office reports.
7. Once activated, Check under same path Virtual hosts/service –> bw , analysis service is created
8. Test the service on right-click
This results in opening analysis for office through the platform
There you go!
Got questions? Click here to get in touch.