The Marimekko chart allows you to encode two values (e.g. Revenue & profit margin) along its width and height of each dimension (e.g. product) or a combination of two dimensions (e.g. Products in New York). Let’s look at some of the highlights of this custom visual briefly.
KEY FEATURES – SUMMARY
- 100% stacked or a normal Marimekko chart
- Toggle to searchable-table view
- Configurable data labels – Show either or both of height & width values
- Global font configuration
- What’s coming
- Different number of formatting for width & height
KEY FEATURES – DESCRIPTION
1. 100% Stacked and Normal Marimekko Chart.
The Y-axis can be calibrated as 100% stacked or a normal axis.
2. Toggle to searchable-table view when you want to have a detailed look at the data on the visual. For this, you can click on the Show Table icon <IMG Table icon> at the right top of the custom visual. Once you click on it, the chart transforms into a table and allows you to perform an advanced search on your data.
3. Configure your data labels to show either or both of height & width values along with the legend data labels.
4. Global Font configuration gives the users to enhance the visual appeal by using various font faces.
To get the latest version of the custom visual, reach out to us here. This blog has been originally published on xViz website. Click here to visit and know more about custom visuals for Microsoft Power BI.