In SAP Lumira Designer dashboards, we have been creating Top/Bottom N condition either in Bex query for BW source or on HANA Views (Ranking node) for HANA. In this blog, we are going to see how to achieve Top/Bottom N Ranking using VBX Charts and eliminate Traditional backend systems:
Note: To achieve this, you would require Visual BI Extensions.
- Create a Lumira Designer Application and insert VBX chart (Let’s say we take Column/Bar chart in our example).
- Drag and drop a VBX Column/Bar chart and map it to a data source.
- Let’s consider for an example, here in our data source we have Stores in rows and Sales in columns. We are trying to look at Top 5 Store Sales.
- Sort the key figure ‘Sales’ in descending order for Top N scenario.
- Open the Chart additional properties and change chart type to Bar.
- Go to Data –> Data Series section. Expand ‘Ranking’ box and set value for “Rank Top N”. In our example it is set to 5. Assign the required measure to Ranking Measure field.
- Save the application and run the dashboard. You will notice that chart displays only Top 5 members.
8. In case you would like to re-arrange the members in vice versa position, Go to General –>X-Axis–> “Enable Reverse Axis” feature.
9. You can also achieve the same thing for Bottom N. The only difference is you have to sort the measure/metric in ascending order. And also, we need to use different chart and data source for showing Top N & Bottom N together.
The below example shows the output of Top 5 & Bottom 5 Store Sales. On the right, you see a table which has a list of all stores with respective sales and will be matched.
Know more about VBI Extensions (VBX) for SAP Lumira designer here.