This is part of the SAP Lumira Discovery blog series.
The latest release of SAP Lumira Discovery incorporates a lot of updates from an architectural and functional perspective. As a result, the old Lumira documents (.lums) need to be migrated over to the newer document format (.lumx) to unlock the newer benefits such as interoperability.
With the migration, your SAP Lumira 1.31 stories are automatically converted into SAP Lumira Discovery stories. SAP also provides a migration path for the documents.
Things to consider prior to migration:
- SAP Lumira 1.31 Desktop Patch 8 is required for conversion
- Migration is only at the desktop level, and you’ll still need to publish the files to BI Platform from Discovery
- No rendering of SAP Lumira 1.31 stories in compatibility mode
- Existing Bookmarks are not supported upon conversion
- You may also want to evaluate a rebuild based on new features available
SAP recommends the following migration strategy.
The detailed workflow for the migration steps are as follows:
- Upgrade your SAP Lumira 1.31 Desktop to Patch 8
- Open the Documents which you would like to convert in SAP Lumira 1.31 Desktop Patch 8
- Save this Document with the option File –> Save for Migration
- This document will now be listed in Discovery and would be converted upon open
- Save this converted document on SAP Lumira Discovery and publish to BI Platform