This is part of the SAP Lumira Discovery blog series.
SAP Lumira Discovery provides lot of data preparation options when you import the data.
Upon acquisition, SAP Lumira Discovery converts the data into a flat file structure (rows and columns). This makes it easier to combine data across multiple sources.
Once you complete the data acquisition, select the DataView option.
Here, you would see the tabular data with following options:
- Save – Save the document to the local repository or the BI Platform
- New Dataset – Ability to Import a combination of different data sources
- Refresh – Perform a manual data refresh
- Undo – Same as the generic Undo function
- Redo – Same as the generic Redo function
- Create Calculations – Option to create custom measures and dimensions
- Merge Datasets – Perform simple joins (inner or left outer join) by adding columns
- Append Datasets – Perform simple union by adding more rows of data
- Link Datasets – Perform data blending
- Grid – Detailed row level information
- Facet – Summarized view of the information
- Export as File – Option to export data as Excel or CSV
- Measures – List of numeric field that can be aggregated. Upon right clicking a measure, we would get the following options as shown.
- Dimensions – Fields in the columns which can be character, numeric, geo, date or time fields. Upon right clicking a dimension, we would get the following options (changes a bit based on the data type)
- Data Sources – List of all data sources
- Dataset – List of all the measures and dimensions
- Summary – Summary view of the data
In the subsequent series of SAP Lumira Discovery blogs, we shall see how to combine data from multiple sources, concatenate strings, build hierarchies, define custom groups, derive custom dimensions and measures, use formulae and more.