SAP Lumira is one of the best analytical tools from SAP with its ability to connect to various data sources and provide intuitive visualizations. SAP has taken Lumira to the next level by running Lumira server on top of HANA using HANA XS engine.This combination of In-Memory computing and enriched UI helps businesses find faster and agile solutions for their business needs.
In this blog, we will explore the installation of Lumira Server on top of HANA platform.
To install Lumira server we need the following prerequisites to be met
- HANA system with SPS07 (or) higher along with XS Engine installed
- HANA user with CONTENT_ADMIN role with Insert, Update and Select rights on _SYS_REPO schema
- HANA Studio and HANA client tools installed in client machine and they should correspond to the server version.
Download the “SAP Lumira Server” software from https://service.sap.com. The Lumira server installer is available in the following path
“Installation and Upgrades” -> “L” -> “SAP LUMIRA SERVER” -> “SAP LUMIRA SERVER 1”
Uncompress the downloaded ZIP file. The installer package is available within a SAR file, which can be found in “Extracted DirDATA_UNITSSAP_LUMIRA_SERVER_1” and is named as “LUMIRASERVER15_0.SAR”.Copy the file to a temp location.
SAR is SAP’s archive format therefore it cannot be uncompressed with traditional archiving tools. Please download SAPCAR utility from SAP Marketplace. We can extract the contents of SAR file using this utility. Invoke the SAPCAR utility from Windows command line with the parameters –xvf and location of SAPLUMIRASERVER15_0.SAR file.
Now open HANA Studio and login to HANA system with a user account that has system privilege to import delivery units and with CONTENT_ADMIN role to Insert, Update and Select on _SYS_REPO schema. Preferably do the import with an account that has full admin privileges.
Go to Menu and select “File -> Import”.
If you have many systems configured, select the target HANA system where Lumira server should be deployed and select next to move ahead.
Now we need to import the delivery unit and deploy it to the server. Please follow the following steps
1. Under “Select File”, select the location as “Client”.
2. Identify the file path for LUMIRASERVER15.tgzfile and add the path to the “File:” column.
3. System will read the delivery unit and display all the available packages in the “Object Import Simulation” box. Now click “Finish” to trigger deployment.
Status of the import can be tracked using the job status field.
Once the Lumira server is deployed on HANA, the job status will change to “Success”.
That’s it!.. We have installed Lumira server on top HANA. However, several post install configurations and role assignment steps need to be performed in order to make the system operational. Please follow the part-2 of this blog for post install configurations and role assignments details.