SAP BW/4HANA cockpit is a Web-based interface used for administration of a BW/4HANA system. In this blog, let us see apps related to Transport management and Metadata which are grouped under Metadata and Transport in BW/4HANA Cockpit.
Source System Maintenance
Source systems which are connected to BW/4HANA system can be checked, activated and replicated using the Source System Maintenance app.
Metadata Repository app is used to access Datawarehouse workbench. Datawarehouse workbench is accessed using tcode ‘RSA1′ in SAP GUI. It has many functional areas used to perform different tasks.
- Administration – Used for the administration of the entire BW/4HANA system.
- Transport Connection – Used to collect objects in a Transport request.
- BI Content – Used to find and activate SAP delivered Business Content.
- Translation – Used to Translate texts of objects present in the system.
- Metadata Repository – Used to find all information like where used, Last changed, dependent objects etc. of objects in the system.
Analysis and Repair of BW objects
This app is used to analyze and repair objects present in the system. It contains many elementary tests and combined tests. A simulation run is available before repairing any objects. To open Analysis and Repair of BW objects screen in SAP GUI, tcode ‘RSRV’ is used.
Transport Organizer app is used to manage transport requests present in the source system. Tcode ‘SE09 ‘or ‘SE10′ is used to open Transport Organizer in SAP GUI. Transport requests present in the source system are released to the target system using the Transport organizer.
Transport Organizer (Extended)
Transport Organizer (Extended) have additional features comparing Transport organizer. It contains other request types like Piece list, Client transports and Delivery Transports. It is accessed using tcode ‘SE01′ in SAP GUI.
- Piece list – It is a request to collect objects created under the name of our choice.
- Client Transports – It contains cross-client requests.
- Delivery Transports – This kind of transports provides new releases or corrections from SAP during upgrades.
Transport Organizer Tools
Transport Organizer tools app is used to manage objects in a request. Tasks like unlocking objects in a request, changing the owner of the request, changing object directory entries in a task etc. can be performed using this app. It also provides documentation for each process available in Transport Organizer tools. Tcode ‘SE03′ is used to access Transport organizer tools in SAP GUI.
Transport Management System
All transports that are released from the source system are imported into the target system using the Transport management system. Once transports are released from the source system, they will be available in the import queue.
In BW/4HANA Cockpit, “Transport Management System” app is used to import new requests into the target system. Tcode ‘STMS’ is used to open the Transport Management System in SAP GUI.
Similarly, we have many other apps grouped together in BW/4HANA Cockpit to perform specific operations in BW/4HANA system.