Visual BI presents the MULTI-SELECT COMBO BOX – another long desired component as a part of its Dashboard Enhancing Custom Component Suite (DECCS) consisting of several highly acclaimed custom add-on components for SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards (formerly Xcelsius). Click here to view the demo.
This Multi-Select Combo Box packs a powerful set of features to delight both business users & dashboard developers :
- User Friendly:
- Easy to use : Click or click-and-drag to select / de-select values
- Display Custom Labels: When multiple-values are selected, the combo-box can display comma-separated values or a custom text (e.g. “Multiple”)
- Sorting: Sort labels in Combo Box, something that was not possible before
- Turn it off: Disable the Multi-Select feature to transform it into a Single Select combo box
- Alerts: Display Alerts next to labels in the list
- Tighter integration with SAP BW:
- Handles various types of data sources – Excel-based, relational and dimensional
- Display labels directly from the Master Data Key-Text pairs, and filter transaction data containing ONLY Keys. Thus it simultaneously handles master & transaction data AS-IS, without the need for customization in the queries / excel model. This avoids the need to deploy ‘hidden’ filters or other workarounds.
- When multiple labels are selected, the corresponding values can be written to a range of cells or a single cell (separated with semicolons) – this can be passed directly to Bex Variables of type ‘Multiple Single Value’ without the need for any additional processing.