As part of the Dashboard Enhancement Custom Component Suite (DECCS), Visual BI presents the MULTI-SELECT GRID – a custom add-on components for SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards (formerly Xcelsius). Click here to view the full screen version.
While we have already released multi-select versions of standard components such as the List Box and Combo Box, the Multi-Select Dynamic Grid elevates SAP Dashboards to an entirely different level due to the possibilities this component unravels.
Key highlights of this component include:
- Grid Format: Group selectable inputs in a grid-like fashion
- Arrangement: Customize row and column count in the grid (e.g. 3X4 or 2X6)
- Click-and-Drag: Click or click-and-drag to select / de-select values
- Sort: Sort labels in the grid
- Multi-Select On/Off: Disable the Multi-Select feature to transform it into a Single Select Grid box.
- Alert: Display Alert icons next to labels in the list
In addition, the component also offers tighter integration with SAP BW. In fact it can
- Handle various types of data sources – Excel-based, relational and dimensional
- Display text labels directly from the Master Data Key-Text pairs, and filter transaction data containing ONLY Keys. Thus it simultaneously handles master & transaction data AS-IS, without the need for customization in the queries / excel model.
- When multiple labels are selected, the corresponding values can be written to a range of cells or a single cell (separated with semicolons) – this can be passed directly to Bex Variables of type ‘Multiple Single Value’ without the need for any additional processing.