As part of the Dashboard Enhancement Custom Component Suite (DECCS), Visual BI presents the MULTI-SELECT LIST BOX – a custom add-on components for SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards (formerly Xcelsius). Click here to view the full screen version.
The Multi Select List Box packs a number of powerful features:
- User Friendliness:
- Easy to use : Click or click-and-drag to select / de-select values
- Sorting: Sort labels in List Box, something that was not possible before
- Turn it off: Disable the Multi-Select feature to transform it into a Single Select list box.
- ‘All’ Label: Automatically add ‘All’ Label to the list.
- Display Alert icons next to labels in the list
- Tighter integration with SAP BW:
- Handles various types of data sources – Excel-based, relational and dimensional
- Display labels directly from the Master Data Key-Text pairs, and filter transaction data containing ONLY Keys. Thus it simultaneously handles master & transaction data AS-IS, without the need for customization in the queries / excel model. This avoids the need to deploy ’hidden’ filters or other workarounds.
- When multiple labels are selected, the corresponding values can be written to a range of cells or a single cell (separated with semicolons) – this can be passed directly to Bex Variables of type ‘Multiple Single Value’ without the need for any additional processing.