Immediate OpeningsChennai, India
Software Architect / Technical Lead
Location: Chennai, India
Start Date: Immediate
Are you looking for exciting opportunities in core product development in Business Intelligence & Analytics? If so, this role may be for you?
We are looking for Technical Architects / Technology Specialists with diverse experience in building solutions and products and who can
(a) design solutions using technologies and paradigms followed by the tech industry today,
(b) be hands-on in executing complex development tasks and set a ‘best practices’ level for the team
(d) mentor a team of developers
Specifically, you will,
- Gain the opportunity to envision entire products from its technical design, development life-cycle to deployment and updates – in the Business Intelligence domain designed for top companies of the world.
- Mentor the team and lead by example by driving best practices in coding, standards, compatibility, performance, documentation and reviews
- Collaborate closely with others – including product owners, architects, UI and UX designers, front-end developers, quality assurance team
- Perform active research & development, and be able to step out of comfort zone and go an extra mile to solve challenges.
- Actively participate in driving an open, learning- and team-focused culture.
- Ensure that deliverables are highly optimized for performance and usability across browsers and devices.
- Setup and design an efficient software life-cycle development plan models using tools like Kanban, Agile and improve team efficiency by adopting mechanisms like Continuous Integration/Deployment and Test Automation
- Deploy solutions on-premise and cloud, set up a deployment plan using best in industry tools such as Chef, Ansible, Docker, Containers and using platforms like Azure, AWS.
- Experience in building and delivering enterprise level products or solutions from ground up and be a part of its road-map.
- Extensive experience in single/multiple development platforms/stack and their respective frameworks such as Java (Sprint, Hibernate) / .NET (ASP.net, WCF) / Ruby on Rails / Python (Django)
- Knowledge of building intuitive and user-friendly interfaces for end-users with best in industry frameworks such as Angular, React, Ember or Vue.
- Willing and able to learn and evolve with newer frameworks, technologies and development stacks as per business requirements
- Deep understanding of relational databases with ability to design large scale databases, stored procedures/triggers. Understanding use-cases for NoSQL databases and familiarity with Data Warehouses and Data Analytics.
- Working knowledge of software development and deployment tools such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Version Control, Test Automation and Deployment Automation
- Knowledge and experience of Agile based development life-cycles, be able to lead Sprints / Stand-ups with teams and allocating and scheduling tasks in the team.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to conduct knowledge transfer sessions and training seminars internally.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with an active/previously served as a senior role (Level 3) and experience in managing mid or small sized development team.
- Acquaintance with Node.js / Python based development stacks
- Experience in BI related software development such as – working with D3 visualizations, Hands-on knowledge of popular BI platforms like Tableau, Spotfire
Comfortable with test driven development, pair programming, and experience working with remote team members
- Excellent pay & benefits
- Be on the forefront of learning and innovation
- You’ll have 24×7 access to Visual BI Labs, our learning environment that hosts all bleeding-edge innovations in BI including access to Cloud Infrastructure like Azure to experiment with.
- Gain exposure in a sweet spot where management consulting meets technology
- Be part of an enterprising and rewarding culture with highly accomplished peer group
- Work within Chennai limits without having to brave 2-4 hour commutes every day
- Be a pillar of support for Visual BI’s vibrant culture by always willing and eager to experiment, learn, and deliver customer value while having fun.
Note: Visual BI, as a policy, does not authorize external parties to conduct employment drives or extend Offers of employment on its behalf.
Visual BI is a specialist provider of SAP Business Intelligence & Analytics solutions that helps enterprises look forward and think ahead by adopting cutting edge BI solutions. Headquartered in Plano, TX, Visual BI has quickly grown to be recognized as one of the leaders in this space by customers and partners.
In addition to providing BI solutions to enterprise clients, Visual BI also boasts of a strong R&D team that has developed 50+ custom add-ons for products such as SAP Dashboards and SAP Design Studio.
Visual BI is also a SAP services, solutions and reseller partner.