The following are typical challenges faced by BI Support teams to keep track of data load, system issues and stability
- Process chain status summary: Users need to log in the system and take stock the success and failure of process chains
- Managing daily status report: Report generation of daily status of process chains is a painful task in BW. The user needs to login to the system and extract the data in spread sheet, before updating and presenting it to management
- Dependency on EWA report: Management relies more on Early Watch Report to get application and system level information.
- Hourly system metrics: Non-availability of system information for Basis administration on an hourly basis
View Dashboard Samples
- Process chain run time daily status adequately managed and exhibited in more comprehensive manner.
- Often failing process types tracked which helps IT team to analyse the failure and provide remedial measures.
- Process chain run-time exceeding threshold hours facilitates the management to identify long running chains.
- Accountability of individual process chain and its periodic run showcased and record count of specific run managed.
- Basis Administration monitored and key metric points evaluated.
- Last 24 hrs refreshed server activity facts keenly formulated and represented.
KPI’s for Critical Business Questions
- Can the run time status of process chain adequately managed.
- What is the % of failure of a specific process chain over a period of time.
- How many process chains exceeding threshold hours in a day.
- How many records processed in single runtime of a chain.
- Can we get database growth size for a month, quarter, year.
- Can we obtain current system memory availability and processing activity.
- How many jobs are active ? How many background jobs currently running?